Einstein9112@yahoo.com on 12 Jul 2004 15:41:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] robust download

ChrisB. wrote:
I have used GetRight for years.

www.getright.com

There is a free version that is more then capable.

-----Original Message----- From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org [mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Bill Patterson Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 11:27 AM To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org Subject: [PLUG] robust download

For the last umpteen times I have attempted to download an .iso image my downloads have stalled, whether in Linux or in Windows. Does anyone know a good, robust downloader that will restart when a connection goes bad.

Bill

Try wget, it's pretty simple (yet powerfull) and can resume stopped downloads with the -c option. Since it's a command line app, you can use it in a script if you want.

Wget is available in just about any distro. It has even been compiled for Windows. The only place I know for sure (Windows wise) to get it is with jigdo at "http://atterer.net/jigdo/"; The Windows zip file has wget.exe in it and can be run from command line.

Hope this helps,

PaulNM