Chris Mann on 21 Jul 2004 14:57:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Web Hosting, Again

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 09:57, Chris wrote:
> To cancel an account based on a filename is crazy. Did they not even listen
> to the mp3 to see if it was a pirated song? I know its hard to tell who's
> music it is, but at least they could of talked to you.

Nope, they sure didn't. They basically looked at the file and if it
looked like something that might have been illegal.... *bam*. Which I
agree is crazy, as most of the filenames had something along the lines
of (IIRC) Crazy-Remix-134.mp3*. Thankfully I found a new host in short
order, who I've stayed with for the past few years. Sometimes a bad
thing leads you to a good one.

*(song title)-(style)-(beats per minute).mp3

--
Chis Mann, SAGE
Systems Administrator