Art Alexion on 25 Jul 2004 13:46:02 -0000

[PLUG] gpg/enigmail/w32

I was thinking this was off-topic, but remembered that this list includes discussions of "Linux and _open source software_"

In an attempt to sign *all* of my mail, I installed gpg for win32 and enigmail on the windows PC that my wife and kids primarily use, and I occasionally use. It seems the more [signed] mail I view and send, the slower Mozilla gets until I finally have to close and restart Mozilla. I've noticed that gpg runs as a hidden DOS process once enigmail invokes it. (not visible on the task bar, but appearing as winoldapp when I hit ctrl-alt-del to bring up a list of running processes.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions for dealing with it more effectively?

--

art Alexion