Michael Leone on 27 Jul 2004 02:48:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [Fwd: Newsgroup postings question - rar and par and how to easily deal with them in Pan]

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 22:17, Stephen Gran wrote:

> I think 'rar a' does it, but it's been a while.  Install rar (not the
> crippled GNU unrar), and take a look at rar.txt for all the messy
> details.

AH. "rar e '*.rar'" is doing it. Now to figure out what to do with this
.mdf file (I *think* it's DVD-audio). More digging and searching. I may
have to try with a non-DVD-A archive, since my DVD burner is clunky at
best, with no cache on it. Didn't realize that previously.

BTW, the whole point was to get a DTS (Digital Theater Sound) encoded
version of an album - in this case, Metallica's Black Album - to see how
well my new receiver deals with the digital DTS signal coming out of my
DVD player. :-) I know that you can burn regular CD audio discs encoded
with DTS (or so my friend tells me), and I figured I'd try that.