Ed Martin on 31 Jul 2004 01:38:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Political/Technical Job Postings question

Hmmm very interesting... ya know I found a guy when the whole SCO thing
broke loose trying to bring polotics into it. I have to say my job is my
job. I want to let everyone know about linux and politics has no place. I am
a hard worker trying to do the best that I can for my clients, that is what
I am hired to do. Blind crippled crazy right or left wing. I am their
confidant to technology.
I think politics has no place here.
You have your belief and I respect that however I think (strictly from my
prospective) you are limiting your influence, it takes a team to win a game.
If you can be a leader of that team go do your part, influence what you can
but do your job.
Keep your faith they cannot tak it but you can influence theirs.
~ED

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Arthur S. Alexion
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 8:12 PM
To: Philly Linux Users Group
Subject: [PLUG] Political/Technical Job Postings question

I occasionally get job postings -- usually involving some web site
design and maintenance -- some of which are beyond my current
capabilities.  These posting are generally for liberal political
non-profits (527s).  Due to their political nature, I am reluctant to
repost them to this apolitical* list unless there is some consensus that
I should.

*I believe the '60s adage that everything is political.  This list
advocates the politics of the Free/Open Source Software movement.

--

_______________________________________
Art Alexion

Outlook & AOL users: The signature.asc attachment to this mail is my
electronic signature. Do not be concerned; it is only a text file. If your
mail software knows how to interpret it, it will do so automatically. If it
does not, there is no need to open it.

GnuPG fingerprint
pub  1024D/ACC5BA7A 2004-01-30 Arthur S. Alexion (alternative email
	address)<art.alexion[at]verizon[dot]net>
Key fingerprint = 52A4 B10C AA73 096F A661  92D2 3B65 8EAC ACC5 BA7A
uid  Arthur S. Alexion (Art Alexion) <arthur[at]alexion[dot]com>
sub  1024g/328F84E6 2004-01-30

If this email contains a signed PDF, you can download the public key file at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/ArthurSAlexion.p7c