Dan Widyono on 5 Aug 2004 15:57:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Regarding my Fedora Core 2 'hard hang' saga...

Guillermo,
	Set up NAT on the server.  That's how we do what you want to do, for
things like FlexLM license servers external to the cluster allowing internal
nodes to run a FlexLM licensed application.  There's several NAT HOWTO's
online, I believe even TLDP has one.  Personally, I prefer closing default
inbound connections and only opening outbound and RELATED,ESTABLISHED inbound
connections.

Dan W.

> 'tunnel' connections from the nodes to the 'world' through the server.
> Obviously there has to be. Any suggestions will be appreciated, as it
> will make updating the software on the nodes much easier...
-- Daniel Widyono             --
-- www.widyono.net            --
-- www.cis.upenn.edu/~widyono --