M.Simons on 17 Aug 2004 02:22:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: gmail?

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Paul wrote:
> OK, but what _is_ gmail?

Uhm, [lifts up paul's rock]

it's google's 1gigabyte email service (or, depending upon whose
registration of the trademark you believe, either something else, or the
money making method of another company.)

Speaking of which, I'm curious how some of you choose your user names...
it's easy to choose one for a throwaway service like yahoo mail -- but
gmail which is a bit harder to get onto, it's rather difficult to come up
with a 'permanent' name for.. wondering what people typically choose
(finally I think I came up wih something, but I'm sure it's gone by now...
of course... I don't have any invite anyways, so the point is moot.)

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY www.michaelsimons.com
Need Stuff? Got Stuff?: Please Take Materials Exchange: www.pleasetake.org