Kevin Carruthers on 17 Aug 2004 18:26:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Prior thread on VoIP

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul" <gyoza@comcast.net>

> Vonage has proven to be a _much _ more stable and flexible service than
> Lingo.  Don't even consider the Lingo garbage.  Packet8, I don't know
> about; I almost gave them a try.

I am using Lingo (first VoIP service) and have noticed several problems.  To
start my voice mail didn't work.  After a call to support.  It worked, but I
had several messages to other numbers in my mail box!  Including someone
else's away message.  The most annoying problem to date is that my outgoing
calls have caller ID blocked.  I can disable this on a single call, but not
on all calls.

That said, the actual call quality and service has been fine so far - on par
with Cell phones without the dropped calls.  And the price of Lingo isn't
bad:  19.95 for unlimited incl. international.

Kevin