Marc Zucchelli on 22 Aug 2004 01:47:02 -0000

[PLUG] perl question: Apache::Session difficulties

I have just started using Apache::Session for the
first time.  Whenever I try to modify the tied hash,
next time I load the session I dont get the value I
added to it.  Is there a problem with this module or
could I be doing something wrong?  I've looked over my
code dozens of times.  Here is a snippet:

$session_id = "dd8238bed20abbbbdf26ca6bbd9d035a";

%sess = ();
tie %sess, 'Apache::Session::MySQL',
         $session_id, { Handle => $dbh, LockHandle =>
$dbh };

print "NAME: $sess{name}\n";
$sess{name} = "Marc";

I previously created that session, the session id is
showing in the mysql database with some binary data I
cant read in the asession field.  The first time this
code is run, my name shouldnt print out, but every
time after that it should, its not.  I dont think this
would matter, but I added an extra field to the mysql
table, the fields go id, lastmodified, and asession,
where lastmodified is a TIMESTAMP.  The
Apache::Session version is 1.6.

Any ideas?

Thanks!