M.Simons on 27 Aug 2004 10:36:03 -0000

[PLUG] OT:Phone Service

Greetings,

   With all the talk of VoIP recently, I thought I might inquire about
other alternatives -- i.e. non-verizon providers of standard landline
service (hopefully at least with the ability to include dsl, although I
might wind up going via cablemodem.) A friend has gone with phonom --
cavalier's VoIP, and with his problems, and all the chatter here about
VoIP I'm not really interested in going with a commercial VoIP solution.
(Ahhh for the days of sysadmin/hacker run independent service.)

I may be setting up new housekeeping/home office shortly, and this topic
has been on my mind.

Thanks
--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY www.michaelsimons.com