Art Alexion on 28 Aug 2004 13:52:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT:Phone Service

M.Simons wrote:

Greetings,

With all the talk of VoIP recently, I thought I might inquire about
other alternatives -- i.e. non-verizon providers of standard landline
service (hopefully at least with the ability to include dsl, although I
might wind up going via cablemodem.) A friend has gone with phonom --
cavalier's VoIP, and with his problems, and all the chatter here about
VoIP I'm not really interested in going with a commercial VoIP solution.
(Ahhh for the days of sysadmin/hacker run independent service.)

I've actually heard good things about Cavalier's regular land line and DSL service. Saw an add in Chinatown yesterday for ~$25 local and US long distance (~$35 for unlimited calls to China included) and another $25 for DSL. I don't remember all the details, but the ad was on a placemat at Hoâ Vìet on the south side of Cherry between 11th and 10th (a good spicy noodle soup, too, though I'd recommend reading the ad before you start splashing food on the placemat ;-) )

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c