kaze on 27 Aug 2004 19:57:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Likely Cause?

--> > What is likely to cause the following problem.  An IBM laptop
--> will not
--> > power up.  The voltage coming out of the power supply is good, but
--> > nothing happens when the power button is pushed.  (I don't have the
--> > laptop in front of me yet, so I don't have any more information.)
-->
--> Check the BIOS battery. If it powers up (i.e. the screen lights up
--> black) and nothing else happens, then you've mostly got moisture in the
--> laptop. In that case, just wait a half-hour in a dry environment and
--> try it again.

It's 'sleeping' and requires a >2 sec power button push?