Rebecca Ore on 30 Aug 2004 22:34:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] I don't get it. What's the big deal with putting the response on top?

On Monday, August 30, 2004, at 05:24 PM, Howard Bloom wrote:

1. People bottom post because it is the Linux (smart) thing to do.

People interleave their conversations because they're easier to follow.

If all conversations ran the same way, then we'd all be together. I often skip down to the bottom of messages to find out what's new, so miss short comments at the top of mails or posts.

When everyone top posts, that's different (the only time I've seen this on a consistent basis is work email.

I don't use Linux, by the way, and my mail program does the right thing without a huge amount of fuss (and if I highlight before replying, only the highlighted text is quoted. I suspect that even stone Mac OS programs would also do the right thing.