Howard Bloom on 30 Aug 2004 21:25:03 -0000

RE: [PLUG] I don't get it. What's the big deal with putting the response on top?

I raise it here because I've seen comments about it, and it is the only list
I'm on that posts at the bottom.

Much like voting, I would be swayed by any argument for Kerry if someone
could provide me a rational and proper reason why I should do so.  Bottom
posting seems to be much like voting for Kerry, no one can tell me why it is
a good thing, they just don't like Bush.

I was looking for a logical reason why it is better. What I have seen thus
far is that it is a preference much if not a mania.  There are some Linux
people - which I am one - who believe that they should only use Linux
because it is NOT Microsoft.  This seems to be Democratic logic.

I use Microsoft because in many instances it is better suited than Linux.
This may not be the case in the future, but for me it is at this time.

I have gathered from this discussion a few things:

1.  People bottom post because it is the Linux (smart) thing to do.
2.  I think most of you are democrats and anti-establishment.  Establishment
in this case means Microsoft or the norm for most of the world.
3.  The future is not yet written.

Howard - Linux wannabe/Microsoft Guru.