Paul on 31 Aug 2004 05:46:02 -0000

Re: Maybe it's time for a FAQ? (was Re: [PLUG] I don't get it. What's the big deal with putting the response on top?)

Howard Bloom wrote:

That is a technical problem and not something that I am afflicted with. I
use Outlook. It does a wonderful job of presenting me with the information
in the format that I want.

Consider this: Bamboo sways in the wind, but it always grows straight. What I'm trying to say is, why not demonstrate some flexibility, both your own and that of Outlook, and follow the lead of this list instead of taking part in needless skirmishes? Or at least respond to bottom-quoted messages with bottom-quoting, and respond to top-quoted messages with top-quoting. This is the approach that I usually take.