Howard Bloom on 5 Sep 2004 05:02:01 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Interesting Article from eWeek

My solution at the present moment - and after having ACT! For Windows 2005
hose my MS system which had been setup 2 weeks prior, is to run Windows
within Vmware.

I lack the knowledge of Linux to run Vmware on Linux and make everything
work.  My setup now allows me to copy my system onto two DVD's for an easy
restore.  While Linux may be more stable, my host O/S W2k is very stable as
it has minimal software and is patched fully.

I'm in between Linux and MS but I live in the MS world.  Until I understand
Linux better that is where I will be.

But that doesn't mean I would love to see a Linux Desktop capable of running
both MS programs - ALL OF THEM and Linux.

I could live in Linux if I could run my MS programs that are only written
for MS.  As it stands now - codeweavers - etc .. I can only run "certain"
programs which I find too restrictive.

Howard