Stephen Gran on 6 Sep 2004 22:05:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Listserv software

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 05:56:55PM -0400, Michael Lazin said:
> I am using surgemail as a mail server on my linux server.  I would
> like to start a Philosophy related mailing list similar to the Plug
> list.  Does anyone know of any free or open source software I can use
> for this?  Thanks,

Majordomo and mailman are both pretty good (PLUG uses mailman, IIRC).
Depending on your needs, an alias list is somtimes enough - it basically
depends on whether you want list archiving, markup, admin tools, and so
forth, or if you just want an email sent to an address to go to everybody
on the list.

|  Stephen Gran                  | A real gentleman never takes bases      |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | unless he really has to.   -- Overheard |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | in an algebra lecture.                  |