Paul on 6 Sep 2004 22:30:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Listserv software

Michael Lazin wrote:

I am using surgemail as a mail server on my linux server.  I would
like to start a Philosophy related mailing list similar to the Plug
list.  Does anyone know of any free or open source software I can use
for this?  Thanks,

I like Mailman, which just about every mailing list that I'm on (not that many) use. It's also commonly available. But, I think it requires root to install. There are some, maybe less functionally rich, that do not require root access to install.