Ed Martin on 11 Sep 2004 18:03:03 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Interesting Article from eWeek

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of kaze
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 1:02 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: RE: [PLUG] Interesting Article from eWeek

--> At this point the major problem on the desktop falls more to
--> misperception
--> than incompatibility or ability. Education is our key here.
--> Build up a box
--> and plop it on you bosses desk. Make up a kiosk and display it
--> where people
--> can play with it. The next time you give a presentation make it
--> with a linux
--> computer and give a plug at the beginning (this gives people time to ask
--> questions and think) It's just a matter of education at this point.
--> ~Ed

Maybe at PLUG presentations there should be an effort to at least boot the
presentation PC off Knoptix? Advocacy and perception, right?

YES ABSOLUTLY! Just picture this like you are raising money for your kid's
school and get every one to at least take a look! They may like it!

Be a capitalist just like the worlds best... When they are down licking
there wounds lets go on the offensive and drive it! This is the time to
build in roads! Go to work build a box and implement it somewhere even your
own desk.

Just do it! We are the professionals. We are the ones in touch. We have a
good product and the competition don't. Let's join the battle and cease the
moment!

~Ed