Paul on 11 Sep 2004 21:54:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] corrupt jpeg

Alexander Birch wrote:

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:33:38 -0400, John Sladek <jsladek@comcast.net> wrote:

I've had this happen when ftp'ing graphic files with out changing to binary
mode first.
Not sure if that helps..

This happens when ftping between a windows box and a linux box. The windows box uses a carriage return and a new line, i.e., \r\n Where Linux just used \n.

This is yet another reason not to use windows.

I use FileZilla under Windows and it never messes up like that. FileZilla has an "auto" option for file type. It's also OSS, so it makes Windows work better. ;-)