Geoff Rivell on 13 Sep 2004 15:00:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Interesting Article from eWeek

On Monday 13 September 2004 02:28 am, Howard Bloom wrote:
> >> Nuts
> >> Zealots
> >> Kooks

Howard makes friends.

> Are you into fascism Tobias?  Do you know what it means?  Most people don't
> and since this list is like a mini-government, fascism is a proper term to
> use for your comment.  I sell Linux.  I sell my services to put Linux on
> servers and setup business with Linux as the server OS - however, I'm not
> going to fall lockstep into the LIST way of thinking as you suggest - I
> don't have to find a Windows List because I'm on several.  But I'm glad to
> point out that I am anti-fascist and while you would like to control my
> thinking, I don't mind if you are single-minded on this issue.

I don't care if you are on this list, but if you are not constructive then
shut up.  Simple as that.  You are on a Linux list where we help each other
and talk about Linux.  That means we don't say "Linux is not ready for xxx",
we say "Try this app out, or this app.  That might suit your need".

All you have done is try to keep a flame burning.  So I beg you, put it out.
Talk when you have something to positive to say to ANY conversation.

> You and others like you on this list are zealots - It's your way or the
> highway I suppose - Well I choose to run Linux where I choose - not where
> you choose it.  And while we are talking about automobiles - I'm sure that
> electric car and all the battery weight will be ever so much a comfort when
> a truck pushes the batteries and acid passenger compartment before it
> crumples. Yes, I'm so enthused that the batteries weigh a lot and the rest
> of the car is light.  It is very comforting.

<yawn>  Use what you want, just leave us alone please.  I think most people
here are tired of wasting their time with you.

Unless I don't speak for everyone ;-P