George Gallen on 13 Sep 2004 17:57:03 -0000

RE: [PLUG] More critique of Linux desktop

Title: RE: [PLUG] More critique of Linux desktop

What I would love to see, is a perl module that will allow reading
parsing ACT! native files. Our company uses them for contact maintenance,
as well as other fun methods like Outlook contacts, and Word Tables..
(Oh stop laughing!).

So, instead I have to convert the ACT! .dbf files to a .csv file, then
use my utilities to work with the .csv file. Sure would be great if I
could eliminate that step, then I could write assign an email address
that would autoforward the attached ACT! file for automated parsing.

Has anyone here had any luck reading the ACT! .dbf files?

George