George Gallen on 13 Sep 2004 18:40:04 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Crown Vics

Title: RE: [PLUG] Crown Vics

>I always think of the Crown Victoria.  I watched a show about
>a cop who
>was badly burned because of a design flaw which causes the gas tank to
>explode.  His car was hit from behind.  He was stuck inside
>the burning
>car.  To me it sounds like the Crown Victoria is a glorified Pinto.
>
>To solve the problem, Ford provided plastic caps to prevent the metal
>parts from hitting together and causing a spark which would ignite the
>fuel.  (Kind of like Service Pack 2.)
>
>On the first point, if you were to fight Goliath, would you
>choose a big
>sword or the sling?

Of course you could also always make sure your gast take was full
to keep the fuel vapors to a minimum. Gasoline doesn't ignite. Only
the vapors do. (I believe the problem with Crown Vics are very specific
to the Police Upgrade package).

George