Stephen Gran on 13 Sep 2004 20:27:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] rp-pppoe and Verizon DSL

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 03:43:03PM -0400, Art Alexion said:
> Never seems to be up for more than a few minutes.  Always automatically
> reconnects in a few seconds, but it kills ISO downloads.
>
> Do others have the same experience?  Suggested fixes?

It works fine at my parents house - it's sometimes even up for several
days at a stretch, although usually they're kicked off every two days or
so, and it has to reconnect.

Has this combination worked before, or is this the first attempt?  I ask
because it sounds like a noisy line or something making the connection
drop.  You can play with various settings in pppoe to work aroud it, but
a filter or something may be the way to go.

Not sure that was helpful,
|  Stephen Gran                  | I don't think it's worth washing hogs   |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | over.              -- Larry Wall in     |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | <199710060253.TAA09723@wall.org>        |