Michael Leone on 15 Sep 2004 02:57:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] administrivia (was: flame wars)

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 22:37, Michael C. Toren wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 08:10:21PM -0400, Tobias DiPasquale wrote:
> > Jeff, are we dropping this idiot now, or what? Lets not give him any
> > more opportunites.
>
> As explained in the message Jeff and I sent to Howard and which he
> forwarded to the list, the decision Jeff and I have come to is not to
> unsubscribe Howard, but rather to configure mailman such that his posts
> will require moderator approval.

I just think that perhaps the list should have been notified of such a
big change (have we ever set anyone to mderated status before?). You did
let that last post through, which sort of served notice after the fact.

And yes, it's probably a good idea.