cms on 16 Sep 2004 23:26:02 -0000

Hello all,

Has anyone tried SLES 9 from the Novell Resource Kit yet? Or, is anyone
running SLES 9 now in either a work or test environment? I'm curious about the
differences between SuSE 9.1 Pro and SLES 9. Better yet, what are some of the

I currently have SuSE 9.1 Pro running on three computers in a lab on a small
LAN. I was thinking about installing SLES 9 on one of the machines to see how
it looked and functioned. For example, would SLES 9 be better suited for a
machine running Samba and controlling a large raid array (relative term, I
know)? I was hoping to get some personal thoughts/tips from someone using the
OS, thoughts/tips not available in the manuals.