Dan Widyono on 17 Sep 2004 04:44:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Favorite RSS Feeds?

Firefox 1.0 PR has the ability to add a New Live Bookmark, where you enter
the URL of the RSS XML code.  This will look like a blue (in default skin)
folder in your bookmarks, where each entry is an individual URL to an RSS
item (don't know the correct terminology, sorry).  Unfortunately, at this
time it appears to me that you have to manually update that special bookmark
"folder".  Also, I couldn't see any way of creating these RSS folders except
manually through the File... menu of the Bookmark Manager, New Live Bookmark
entry.  Too cumbersome still, but I'm sure they'll fix issues and flesh out
functionality as they progress with this new feature.  I have yet to check
all the preferences and about:config to see what options, if any, apply to
RSS functionality.

FWIW,
Dan W.