George Gallen on 21 Sep 2004 14:09:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Adding a second HD to a Linux system

Title: RE: [PLUG] Adding a second HD to a Linux system

another option (if you have the second drive cable empty now).
is hook up the new drive as the second drive. Format it, setup
the filesystems, copy over what needs to be copied. If it needs
to be boot drive you will need to add the boot info.

Then just power down, swap drives, make the primary the secondary, powerup
if all went well, you should be OK, if not, swap the drives back, to figure
out the problem.

George