Chris on 24 Sep 2004 14:29:03 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Slackware 8.0 & MySQL issue...

I would redo the install. I had the same issue. Some reason if you use
--prefix everything else that uses $PREFIX doesn't work and defaults
/usr/local/mysql I had to define everything.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of ChrisB.
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 10:18 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] Slackware 8.0 & MySQL issue...

Hey everyone,

I tried to install MySQL 4.0.20 last night and when I run the mysqld_safe
command it tells me that the mysqld can not be found. I installed it to
/usr/local/mysql/mysql-standard-4.0.21-pc-linux-i686/ instead of just
/usr/local/mysql/ and it seems that all the path's are set for
/usr/local/mysql/. In my flailing attempts to fix the path problem I tried
to cp -r the mysql-standard... folder to just /usr/local/mysql and was told
that both paths were the same. Now I am completely confused. Does anyone
know what I did wrong? Should I just scrap this install and try to configure
it again for /usr/local/mysql?

Thanks in advance.

Chris.