Warwick Poole on 24 Sep 2004 16:36:02 -0000

[PLUG] Firefox and profiles

A question on an annoying issue with Firefox. I have had the same issue
on Fedora and Debian.

If FF crashes, when it is restarted the profiles dialog pops up. It
always seems to tell me that 'default' profile is in use and has been
locked. I can't find a lock file to remove. If you don't get the profile
working again you lose your bookmarks, installed extensions, history,
cookies, etc.

Anyone know:-

Q: How do I remove this annoying lock?
Q: Is there any way to prevent the use of profiles completely and just
use one default profile?

Thanks
Warwick