Paul on 25 Sep 2004 14:19:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] speaking of passwords (Samba)

Art Alexion wrote:

On the windows side, there is no user name field. In win9x passwords are stored in user.pwl files. I have a feeling the .pwl file is corrupt. If regenerating it wasn't such a pain -- i.e. all passwords need to be reset on that machine -- I'd just delete it.

I can't say if you are correct or not. Here is some interesting info about PWL files: