Jeff Abrahamson on 29 Sep 2004 12:16:02 -0000

[PLUG] palm devices

My venerable Palm III may have died in last night's rain.  I clearly
should have been carrying plastic bags yesterday.

Anyone have any recommendations for inexpensive devices to replace it?
I see the palmOne Zire 21 for $100 at Staples.  That's the right price
point.  I think to run linux on a handheld device I'd need to spend
over $400, which isn't happening, much as I'd like to run a free OS on
my PDA.  But all I *really* need is address book, date book, and

Anyway, any suggestions appreciated.

 Jeff Abrahamson  <>    +1 215/837-2287

 A cool book of games, highly worth checking out: