kaze on 29 Sep 2004 14:29:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] A warm fuzzy Linux advocacy PLUG post

On Behalf Of Paul
--> kaze wrote:
-->
--> >ACT and Quicken on Linux - undoes two of the top
--> >Linux-isn't-ready-for-the-desktop-yet responses I get.
--> >
--> >ACT
--> http://www.codeweavers.com/site/compatibility/browse?app_id=90;tips=1
--> >Quicken http://www.codeweavers.com/site/compatibility/browse?app_id=157
--> >Also looks like Photoshop and Dreamweaver run!
--> >
--> >
--> >
--> I'd like to hear feedback on the stability of said programs running
--> under Linux.  (I'm wondering if "that guy" is here to see that.  You
--> know "the guy.")

It's not just him, Quicken has come up under some very reasonable
discussions (with other people.)

The http://www.codeweavers.com/site/compatibility/ site ranks apps based on
user feedback and a lot of popular apps get silver and gold.

Q: What is the difference btwn Codeweavers Crossover Office and WINE?