Aaron Crosman on 4 Oct 2004 17:44:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Multi-Processor Support

I didn't go through the whole process.  When it lay out the system
details at the start it only listed 1 processor, so I assumed (probably
badly) that it wouldn't install a SMP kernel unless it indicated that it
had found more then one.  I was also concerned because YAST could not
replace the partition table on one of the drives.  Since this machine
was previously a Win2K server, I'm not so much interested in the
previous partitioning scheme.

Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Aaron Mulder
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 12:54 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Multi-Processor Support

	In general, SuSE 9.0 and 9.1 work fine on multi-processor
machines.  The installer probably doesn't use them both, but after boot
you should have an SMP kernel installed.  Did you go through the full
install and reboot and it still didn't have an SMP kernel?  What do you
have in /boot?  Worst case, you can probably install the SMP kernel RPM
by hand to get it running.

Aaron