Michael D. Barlow on 6 Oct 2004 21:00:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Live on CD

I just recently came across XFLD. It is a knoppix distro with xfce as the window manager. Fairly low overhead, even with Open Office. I have found knoppix to be a little memory hungry. DSL(damn small linux) is nice however I have not messed around with it for about 6 months.

It runs on two out of three of my machines. Have not run it on the others.(house in disarray).

XFLD like knoppix has the option to install to hard drive. Will also set up existing file system to store a home directory on.(ie updates, different software, user files)