Aaron Crosman on 7 Oct 2004 15:48:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Multi-Processor Support -- Working

>Aaron,
>  Good to hear!  Odd about the partition table.  Is there something
> in the bios that prevents partition table modification?  You said
>it was a server system, right?  I've heard of such things, but never
>seen one personally.  What kind of disk controller are the drives on?
>(Make & Model if you have it.)  It's not a configurable scsi controller
> of some kind, is it?  Maybe it has external software to handle some
> setup options.  I use a Mylex RAID card that has config software on
>board, plus has some external software for extra features.

It is a configurable SCSI controller, although not a RAID controller.
I'm not sure of the make and model of the top of my head, although I
believe it's original to the system, so something from HP.  The error
that I got from most partitions was something to the effect that it
didn't understand the table that was in place (they would just refuse to
start).  Since this is a mail server I'd like to get at least a level 1
RAID in place since I expect the drives to fail before too long once the
system is busy.  The case has bays for 5 or 6 more drives, so I expect
to use them instead of redoing the two I currently have (keep them as
boot and such).

Aaron