'Jeff Abrahamson' on 13 Oct 2004 00:27:02 -0000

[PLUG] Fwd: MapQuest for Philly Bicyclists

The Bicycle Coalition wants to set up, essentially, a MapQuest service
for bicyclists.  They have the map data but not the software
expertise.

There might be open source stuff out there that does this that just
needs to have data fitted to it.  Or it might require writing new
software.  Either way, the goal is to end up with an open source, free
(in the speech sense as well as the beer sense) package that can do
this.

There is money involved, although not huge amounts.  You can browse
through the forwarded stuff below to get a better feel.

Please don't direct questions at the folks below.  They are not
technical.  Follow up to me or to the list, depending on the nature of
the follow up.

Thanks.

-Jeff

----- Forwarded message from Alex Doty <alex@bicyclecoalition.org> -----