Paul on 12 Oct 2004 23:22:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Large Wireless Network on the Cheap

Jason Costomiris wrote:

Sorry, there's really not a lot to share..  I installed the freeradius
package from SuSE 9.1 Pro, and setup the RADIUS client in
/etc/raddb/clients.conf.  The only other thing I had to do was add the
radiusd user to the shadow group, change the gid that the radiusd runs
under to shadow, and chgrp appropriately in /etc/raddb so the radiusd
can read its config files.

It falls out of the box working for locally defined users, at least on SuSE 9.1.

So, this give you access control *and* encryption for your entire session? Do you have a stand-alone access point, or is the Linux box acting as the AP?