Jason Costomiris on 12 Oct 2004 20:52:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Large Wireless Network on the Cheap

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:34:50 -0400, Paul <gyoza@comcast.net> wrote:
> Jason Costomiris wrote:
>
> >Enterprise requires a RADIUS server on the network to authenticate
> >users.  Personally, I use WPA Enterprise here at home.  Makes it
> >simple to allow a friend on to the network one day and when he leaves,
> >remove his ability to use it.
> >

> Would you share your RADIUS config/install notes with us or me
> privately?  I'm working on a FreeRADIUS server now.  I have FreeRADIUS
> installed, but I still need to generate certificates for the server.  (I
> hope I don't break OpenVPN in the mean time.)  After that I'm in new
> territory.

Sorry, there's really not a lot to share..  I installed the freeradius
package from SuSE 9.1 Pro, and setup the RADIUS client in
/etc/raddb/clients.conf.  The only other thing I had to do was add the
radiusd user to the shadow group, change the gid that the radiusd runs
under to shadow, and chgrp appropriately in /etc/raddb so the radiusd
can read its config files.

It falls out of the box working for locally defined users, at least on SuSE 9.1.

--
Want a gmail invite?  Help me get a free iPod for my wife.
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9913261