Kam Salisbury on 29 Oct 2004 11:11:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] A lesson for us all?

W. Chris Shank wrote:

From: "W. Chris Shank" <chris.shank@acetechgroup.com>
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:56:16 -0400
Subject: [PLUG] A lesson for us all?

This is the first time I've posted for a while, we've been pretty busy m
-snip

Chris. Your post was on l the mark!

I am a firm supporter of Linux in the server space... In the desktop space Linux can be difficult... In the workgroup and enterprise environments Linux requires just as much planning for maintenance and configuration as other OS choices.

This past year I converted my desktop to FC2. It has not been easy all the time... But I now have a rock solid desktop. Yes. With multiple network printers... Palm syncing.... And other desktop things like Open Office.

5 Months later... I still have no need of a Windows box at home. Sure... I ran into issues. All issues had resolutions even if the fix was to upgrade to more compatible hardware.
--
Kam Salisbury
http://kamsalisbury.com