Aaron Crosman on 2 Nov 2004 20:09:01 -0000

[PLUG] SSH works fine, SFTP refuses to connect

I have a problem that as far as I can tell only effects 1 user on my
Linux web server.

They cannot connect with SFTP (they use FileZilla, but I've been able to
reproduce the problem with other SFTP clients).  I can able to connect
with Putty for a regular SSH session, but FileZilla wont connect.  In
FileZilla there are no error messages, just seems to hang (doesn't
actually hang, but it's waiting for something).  With CyberDuck (OS X
SFTP Client) I get the following message:
IO Error: Failed to read messages: The message store has reached EOF.

Anyone have suggestions about how this might have happened, and what I
should do to resolve it?  All my other users (at least the 2 or 3 I
tested quickly) don't seem to have any problems with either SSH or SFTP.

Thanks for any ideas.
Aaron