George Theall on 3 Nov 2004 03:31:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] SSH works fine, SFTP refuses to connect

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 03:08:45PM -0500, Aaron Crosman wrote:

> I have a problem that as far as I can tell only effects 1 user on my
> Linux web server.
>
> They cannot connect with SFTP (they use FileZilla, but I've been able to
> reproduce the problem with other SFTP clients).  I can able to connect
> with Putty for a regular SSH session, but FileZilla wont connect.
> All my other users (at least the 2 or 3 I
> tested quickly) don't seem to have any problems with either SSH or SFTP.

Is sshd configured to use an sftp subserver? Does the subserver exist?
This option only applies to SSH2, but FileZilla requires it while some
clients, including sftp itself, can work with SSH1.

Note that no subsystems are defined in OpenSSH by default (at least if
installing from source).

George
--
theall@tifaware.com