eric@lucii.org on 5 Nov 2004 00:00:03 -0000

[PLUG] strange kernel messages

I'm seeing the following entry in a server /var/log/message file and I'm
not sure what it means.  I'm thinking it's not good.

Nov  4 16:26:16 sirius kernel: Current sd08:11: sense key Recovered Error
Nov  4 16:26:16 sirius kernel: Additional sense indicates Failure prediction \
 threshold exceeded

Yes, the machine has SCSI drives.

Google is not helpful.  The only links I find are to files that I believe are
kernel source files.  If I could readily interpret the source files I would
not need google.

Anybody experience this or have a clue?

Eric