Kevin Brosius on 6 Nov 2004 03:01:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Help me decide...

> Paul wrote:
> > SuSE requires a DVD drive or an FTP server and a boot image.
>
> My copy of SuSE 9.1 Pro came with CDs and DVDs and I have successfully
> installed from both onto laptops, desktops and servers.
>
> I haven't tried Fedora, so I can't directly compare the two. However, I
> do like SuSE much better than RH9 (a somewhat unfair comparison since
> SuSE 9.1 has newer and nicer versions of everything).
>
> Anyone who wants to try it can pick up a copy at CompUSA (sometimes they
> have them behind the desk for some reason), or ask one of us to bring a
> copy to a UG meeting. (Lately I've had more luck making it to it to the
> PhillyJUG and DVBUG than to PLUG.)

And SuSE 9.2 is shipping now.  I've just updated a 9.0 system to 9.2,
and it's the smoothest update I've done to date.  To be honest though,
I've had some rough SuSE updates in the past, so this is just a nice
improvement.

For anyone wanting to order it, http://www.chumbo.com/default.asp had it
in stock with free 2 day fedex, and $5.00 next day fedex shipping.

--
Kevin