Walt Mankowski on 6 Nov 2004 04:11:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Help me decide...

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 01:41:52PM -0500, Paul wrote:
> It's also possible to buy them from ebay or have someone mail you a
> copy.  Or you could ask a friend with "broadband" to grab a copy.  The
> point is, it's also possible to get a distro very inexpensively.

Back before I got DSL, I had good luck ordering Linux CDs from
cheapbytes (www.cheapbytes.com).  Nowdays I'd probably just download
the ISOs and make them myself.

But then again, nowadays I'm running Debian, and through the magic of
apt-get full system upgrades have become a thing of the past. :)

Walt