Aaron Crosman on 11 Nov 2004 19:21:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Mystery Cron job

>What kind of problems?
>
>I'm wondering if it's slocate, which is located in /etc/cron.weekly
>   which you don't need, I changed the time frame it runs on our
system,
>   it used to run at like 10:00am, really brought the system to a crawl

>George

It's a job that calls the update for all awstats profiles that are
configured.  I do a bunch of shuffling of the log files before I run any
analysis of them, so I don't want to update-all function to run.  Since
I'm running SUSE I'm currently assuming that when it installed the
awstats package it created a cron job somewhere.  I'm just having a heck
of time finding it.

I checked /var/spool/cron and the only tabs I could find were root and
my users (which is what I would expect).

Aaron