George Gallen on 23 Nov 2004 16:39:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Philadelphia Wireless Project

Title: RE: [PLUG] Philadelphia Wireless Project

Now for a completely different question....

Will this system work like cell phones?
By that I mean, if you are moving, and jump from one
 AP to another, will your IP address change?

I looked at this to be nice if you were on your way
to school or work, using public transportation, you
could maybe get some work done, but if your IP address
changes every block, it would be really difficult to
maintain any connection that is IP dependent.

Initially I saw this system to great for the above
situation, but now....not sure.

George