George Gallen on 1 Dec 2004 15:30:03 -0000

[PLUG] finger print for security...

I was at Sams Club the other day and something caught my eye.

it was a USB figerprint scanner (for windows) to replace login names, you would put
  your fingerprint up, and the owner of that fingerprint would automatically be logged on.

Has anyone played with this? Could this be adapted for password entry in linux?
how hackable would this be?

It was under $100. I thought about it, then figured it would go down even more after xmas.

George

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division
ggallen@slackinc.com
ph:856.848.1000 Ext 220

SLACK Incorporated - An innovative information, education and management company
http://www.slackinc.com