Jason Costomiris on 2 Dec 2004 13:35:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Firefox printing

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 23:17:53 -0500, W. Chris Shank
<chris.shank@acetechgroup.com> wrote:
>  Does anyone know if it's possible to get Firefox to show a LIST of your
> printers so that you can choose a printer to send the job to? With KDE
> systems I used to replace the lpr string with kdeprint which was a nice
> little wrapper that intercepted all your print jobs to a central place. From
> there you could choose where to send it. Does Gnome have a similar feature?
> It appears that Evolution 2 has something like this -but it is the only app
> I've found that actually calls the wrapper.

My install, which is Firefox 1.0 as packaged by Fedora Core 3, does
this out of the box.

I get a list of printers or a print to a ps file option.

--
Jason Costomiris <><
E: jcostom {at} gmail {dot} com / W: http://www.jasons.org/