Art Alexion on 2 Dec 2004 13:41:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Firefox printing

W. Chris Shank wrote:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get Firefox to show a LIST of your printers so that you can choose a printer to send the job to? With KDE systems I used to replace the lpr string with kdeprint which was a nice little wrapper that intercepted all your print jobs to a central place. From there you could choose where to send it. Does Gnome have a similar feature? It appears that Evolution 2 has something like this -but it is the only app I've found that actually calls the wrapper.

Never been able to do this with mozilla or firefox. My workaround is to print to .ps file, and then
lpr -D printer-name mozilla.ps

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c